Skip to content

I am often asked by constituents to assist in dealing with the Internal Revenue Service. Whether the request is to simply obtain more information about a tax filing, to find out what to do if you suspect you are the victem of identity theft or check on the status of a pending tax refund, I am happy to offer my assistance.

If you need assistance in dealing with the Internal Revenue Service, please complete the 8821 Authorization Form. Please note, that if the tax return in question was filed jointly, I must receive a seperate authorization form from each filer. For assistance in completing this form, please review its instructions or contact my Brookfield office at (262) 784-1111 or (800) 242-1119.

Where can I get IRS forms?

In recent years, the IRS has reduced the availability of tax forms that were previously sent to local libraries and post offices, as filers increasingly rely on software and professional tax services. In light of the difficulties that this can cause for those wishing to file a paper tax return, I request copies of the most common tax forms and instructions from the IRS. Should you wish to request tax forms from my office or if you have encountered difficulties with the IRS, please call my Brookfield office at 262-784-1111 or 800-242-1119.

Please note, while I only receive a limited quantity of tax forms and instructions from the IRS, all forms are available online at or by calling 1-800-829-3676. 

Return to Top
Who can I talk to about problems like liens, back taxes, penalties, etc.?

The Taxpayer Advocate Service is an independent organization within the IRS that offers assistance to the public with the often-confusing process of resolving tax problems. Their 24-Hour Toll-Free Hotline is: 1-877-777-4778.

To schedule an in-person appointment at the Taxpayer Advocate Service office in Milwaukee or Madison, please click here.

For more information about the Taxpayer Advocate Service click here

Return to Top